KLI Colloquia are informal, public talks that are followed by extensive dissussions. Speakers are KLI fellows or visiting researchers who are interested in presenting their work to an interdisciplinary audience and discussing it in a wider research context. We offer three types of talks:
1. Current Research Talks. KLI fellows or visiting researchers present and discuss their most recent research with the KLI fellows and the Vienna scientific community.
2. Future Research Talks. Visiting researchers present and discuss future projects and ideas togehter with the KLI fellows and the Vienna scientific community.
3. Professional Developmental Talks. Experts about research grants and applications at the Austrian and European levels present career opportunities and strategies to late-PhD and post-doctoral researchers.
- The presentation language is English.
- If you are interested in presenting your current or future work at the KLI, please contact the Scientific Director or the Executive Manager.
Public Event to kick-off the KLI / Complexity Hub Workshop "Sustainability as a Problem of Complexity: Past, Present and Future of Sustainability Science in the Anthropocene" (12 –13 September 2019)
Popular ideas about sustainability are still largely guided by a techno-scientific ideal of control. Hence, limits and difficulties of this ideal have become obvious. Is there a more adequate methodology for a sustainability science? The answer is yes: Alternatives have emerged, but have yet to gain wider acceptance in the scientific community.
The CSH Colloquium will highlight some approaches to sustainability that move beyond the control paradigm and deal with the systems of the world as what they are: complex.
Introduction: Manfred Laubichler